Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 3

To start out the day today, we had a pre transplant meeting, basically outlining how things work with being listed, when the call comes, and post transplant.

We also met with a social worker to discuss any questions we had, or resources we are in need of, etc.

Lastly, we met with the miracle worker--the transplant surgeon! I told him of the concerns the pulmonary doctor (and myself) had re: atrial flutter and clotting and the surgeon said those didn't sound like "deal breakers" to him. So, I feel more optimistic after our visit, but still await the transplant board's decision on whether I'm a viable candidate for transplant. I was told that can take up to 2 weeks. I will update here as soon as we hear something!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support, thoughts, prayers and love shared :)
God Bless,
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment