Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Consults.....check 

We met with some members of the transplant team individually today. I feel that it went well, overall. They meet next week to decide if they want to accept me into their program.  One thing they want me to do is to under-go a two month pulmonary rehab program before listing.   I understand this, and think it is a good concept to strengthen my body so it’s able to keep up with those new, pink, lungs, but it also adds 2 months of time away from home that we weren’t counting on.  I just have to keep the big picture in mind…

 We are leaving for home tomorrow and covet your prayers for safe travels.  As always, thank you!

Sunday, September 22, 2013


We are here! We arrived in Durham this evening after two full days on the road. We are going to relax tomorrow, and then have all of the consults on Tuesday. Hopefully the doctors will be willing to take a chance on me.  Thank you for the prayers for safe travels!

God Bless

Friday, September 13, 2013


I got word today that the mycobacterium smear is still negative :) Praise The Lord! So all is a go for going to Duke for the consults with the doctors! Thank you for the prayers and thoughts!!

On a not-so-cheery note, my dad had a major stroke last Sunday and has been undergoing tests to determine the cause and extent of damage from the stroke. Late this afternoon he was moved to a rehab center, so I hope he can start to regain some of what he's lost. Prayers and thoughts appreciated for him too, please. 

I had full pulmonary function testing done today and this ole girl is going to call it a night! Have a great weekend everyone!


Monday, September 9, 2013


I finally heard from Duke and have a date set for "consults" with the doctors, social worker, financial coordinator, etc.! The consults are scheduled for September 24. The only thing that may stand in the way now is if the AFB smear I just gave last week comes up positive. If that happens, then I'm pretty sure Duke is out of the picture. Continued prayers please!! I expect to hear something on if the smear is negative or positive in the next few days.

Thanks for faithfully checking in and God Bless!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Prayer please

I wanted to make a short entry to ask for prayers. I saw my CF doctor today and gave a sputum sample. The "smear" has to remain negative for Duke to consider me. The test reminds me of the strep throat tests where there is an initial result, then they let the culture grow for a few days, except in this case, there is an initial smear, then cultures grow for weeks. Please say prayers that the initial smear will be negative, as it has been on all tests up to this point!

 Thanks so much. I will add a bit more over the weekend.