Sunday, August 19, 2012

St. Louis it is!

I hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend. It sure is nice to have the milder temperatures here lately! I hope it's milder where you are as well.

I wish I had a good update, but have felt pretty rough the last week or so. I have just had a lot of bloating lately, and that makes it hard to breathe. Just simple things like pulling clothes out of the dryer, tying shoes, and showering make me very short of breath. We plan to still do the transplant evaluation for the last week of this month. I will say that lately I relish the thought of some new lungs!

In case I don't have a chance before we leave for St Louis, my biggest fear is for the right heart cath I have scheduled for Monday, August 27. In the past, I had blood clotting with IV lines (both arms), and I'm not sure if that relates to heart caths in any way or not. I certainly will mention this to the team doing the heart cath when they call to confirm the appointment.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be filled with a variety of pulmonary tests, labs, and consults with the pulmonary doctor, social worker, heart transplant surgeon, and 1 or 2 transplant education classes. It will be long and tiring, but I am looking forward to hearing where they say I am regarding listing.

My request for you is to ask for your prayers, especially that the heart cath will go well, and that the doctors will find that my heart should be strong enough to with-stand the transplant, if transplant is in God's plan for me.

The day of the heart cath happens to be my sister, Lisa's, birthday. She also had CF and passed in 1986 at 27 years old. Maybe she will be pulling for me! ;)

I will try to update the blog daily while in St. Louis as long as I have the energy. Maybe I can talk Garry into doing it if I don't have the energy! Thanks soooo much for the thoughts and prayers!

Love and hugs,
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment