Monday, November 26, 2012

Moving Day

Tomorrow is moving day! My sister and I will move to St. Louis and she will stay with me until I get the call, then Garry will take her place. I should be listed for transplant by the end of the week! The call could come the day I get listed, in 2 days...or 6 months...one of those things I have no control of.

Even if I do get the call stating that lungs are available, I could have what they call a "dry run", where they call you to tell you they have lungs, you rush to the hospital, meanwhile the procurement team goes out to harvest the lungs and then they may see something not quite right with the donor lungs, so they will call the hospital and tell the transplant team that it's not going to work. What an emotional roller coaster this scenario would be! All in God's hands...

I will let you know when I'm officially on the list! Please pray for safe travels for us and thanks!

Have a blessed week!
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment