Friday, April 5, 2013

Ugh...

I contacted my doctor's office this week due to not feeling well lately. I asked about getting some antibiotics, and while on the phone I asked about the latest sputum culture. The doctor said she had her nurse looking up some stuff on the computer and would call me tomorrow. Well...tomorrow was yesterday and the nurse called to tell me that the WRONG sputum culture was ordered/processed 8 weeks ago!!! I can't tell you how mad I was. When I called the office approximately a month ago, I had asked if mycobacterium had shown up yet and the nurse kind of fumbled around and I got the idea that she really didn't know exactly what she was looking for, so I asked, "Do you see the word 'mycobacterium' anyplace on the report?" and she said no, so I was a bit uneasy, but took that as a good sign. I should have pushed and made sure the correct test had been ordered at that point.

I had to give another sample yesterday, and so now I have to wait approx 8 weeks until this one grows out, unless mycobacterium shows up before then, which I hope it doesn't!

If I may ask for your prayers, I'd ask that you pray that no mycobacterium would show up on the sputum culture and also, I have been feeling pretty rough lately, and I hope the antibiotics and steroids I'm starting today will make me feel better, but prayers work a whole lot faster!

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Hugs,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Lynda, I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I have had you in my thoughts a lot lately. I will continue to pray for you and this whole process. So frustrating that the wrong culture was ordered. I have faith that God will bring you through this, but in his time. If it were up to me you would have new lungs already. Hang in there, friend. Hope you get to feeling better. Love you.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jackie! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete