Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Root Canal

Well...of all things, I had a root canal today! Approx a week ago I noticed one of my teeth was more sensitive then usual and as the days passed, it got to the point where cold milk, hot coffee, or even chewing just sent me through the roof in pain. After a friend referred me to a local dentist, the dentist  referred me to an endodontist to have a root canal done. I will say that the dentist was very nice and I was in such dire need of a dentist that I forgot to ask if he was a preferred provider with my insurance, and he wasn't, but I was willing to pay full price to find out what was wrong! He did my exam at no charge, which I thought was very nice of him! The Endodontist wasn't quite as generous though. lol

This week I also spoke to one of the transplant surgeons who wanted to make sure I was on board and knew exactly what I was getting into here at Duke. I am just completely trusting that God's will will be done and know the road isn't going to be easy, but want to keep the end picture in mind. I am very close to being listed!! At this time, the only hurdle in my way is that my A1c, which is a measure of average blood sugars for the last 3 months, is a bit high. They want it 7.0 or below, and mine is 7.3. I will continue to work on those blood sugars and labs are scheduled for Monday. I'm not sure if it's realistic that they will be at 7.0 by then or not.

More updates to come as things progress, thanks for checking my blog, and as always, thank you for the prayers and thoughts :)
God Bless,
Lynda

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda! Sounds like things are going in the right direction with a few hurdles. We continue to pray and know God is with you every step of the way! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in on you and looks like things are going pretty well regarding the transplant..............praying for you. :) For some reason I cannnot get this to post under anything except anonymous.........just fyi this is Traci G from Columbia Mo........ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This blog system isn't the best. A few people said they are not getting notifications when I update, etc.
    I hope all is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got RCT first time from my local Torrance dentist. I was so scared before treatment. I must say that only a professional and really intelligent dentist know how to treat with nervous patient.

    ReplyDelete