Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dear Loved Ones, Family and Friends

I am writing “myself”, finally from the step down unit of Duke! I was transferred yesterday. Things are progressing (i.e. no oxygen anymore, lung drain tubes starting to come out (ouch, but a good kind of ouch), and they are really pushing for me to walk, walk, walk to regain strength.

This journey has been arduous at times, as you know, but I’m looking forward to living these lungs to the fullest out of honor of the generous donor that gave me this second chance at life, and for The Great Giver that allowed me the chance.

Garry has been my rock, as you all can imagine, and really has stepped out of his comfort zone to be maintaining this blog and facebook. Now that Shelly is on the mend, bless her heart, she can help when needed as well.

My goal is to reach out to each of you personally, but I didn’t want to let another day go by without telling you thank you so much for the prayers, thoughts, notes and support. I could feel your prayers carry me through some rough times.

I continue to ask for your healing prayers for the donor family and also for myself; for strength to continue to rehabilitate myself with minimal complications and for the ability to handle unexpected (and some expected) hurdles with peace and for anxiety to not take a hold in those situations.  Specific hurdles at this time are: my heart was stuck in a rhythm in the 170s, twice today, and that isn’t the first time that’s happened since transplant. My prayers would be that I would be able to maintain my potassium and magnesium levels so my heart will stay in time. Also, a few drain tubes need to stop draining and be pulled, hopefully without causing collapses of any kind. And, renewed energy to get myself up and moving to get my lungs into tip-top shape.

As always, THANKS!

In His Love,
Lynda

P.S. I wanted to give a shout out to a special class of third graders that happen to have an awesome teacher, and they have been lifting me up in their prayers. I think there are also some now fourth graders that have been praying for me since they were third graders! Thank you! God loves to hear our prayers, and I often wonder if the prayers of children are just a “little” more special. God’s Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Thank u for the updates through Garry and Shelly and so excited to read your own writing tonight. We pray for you each evening and hug u with our hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So touched by this, Lynda, and also by your, Garry's, Shelly's coordinated efforts and love. Continuing to pray for all you
    mention remembering Dakota, too, and prayers of
    praise and Thanksgiving, too!
    Love,
    Randi

    ReplyDelete