Tuesday, January 7, 2014

LISTED!!


Yes, you read it correctly; I am officially listed for transplant as of this afternoon! My call could come tonight, tomorrow, next week, or next month. I do have to say that Duke's average wait last year was 12 days, so I don't think it will be next month, only God knows.

Duke sends teams out to look at a lot of lungs, and due to this, they often have what's called a "dry run". This is where they call the recipient, get them at the hospital, prep them for surgery, all the while they are going to the donor's hospital to evaluate the lungs for possible transplant. If the lungs are damaged in some way or are poor quality, then they call the patient waiting for lungs and tell them it's a no-go, and send the patient back home. What an emotional roller coaster that would be, and it is very common. One man from my pulmonary rehab class has had 4 dry runs so far, bless his heart!

My doctor said that I do have some risks involved with my atrial flutter and blood clotting history, but I trust that they will address these at the time of transplant. I do ask for your prayers for these issues, among others. Also, just for peace and calm for all of us during this period. I also ask for prayers for Dakota as she anxiously awaits word on how I’m doing. Of course, I also ask for prayers for the future donor family.
Either myself, Garry or Shelly will update my blog and facebook page during this process.

Thank you sooo much for your prayers, thoughts, support, comments, and encouragement during this time!

God Bless and xoxo

Lynda
*not sure why some lines are highlighted! lol
 

2 comments:

  1. Let's just praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let's just lift our hearts to heaven and praise the Lord; Let's just praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Let's just lift our hearts to heaven and praise the Lord!
    Lynda, I'm just sitting here singing in my heart and tears running down my face. I'm so filled with joy over this answer to prayer. We serve an Awesome God. I'm so very happy for you and your family and all that this will mean for you. We will be praying for you through all the ups and downs of the rest of this journey. Love and hugs and prayers, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jesus! We place Lynda, her family, and her potential donor & his/her family in your hands and ask you to do your will. We pray that you would be glorified throughout all the earth because of what you are doing here. You are great, Jesus, and good and we trust you.

    ReplyDelete