Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pulmonary Rehab

I thought I would share some photos of the pulmonary rehabilitation center. I hope this works! Here I am just arriving

Walked for 30 minutes on track, no breaks! Slow and steady--I did approx 1.25 miles today. I need that walker to hold the oxygen! My cannula has a glare on it & it looks like I have something white under my nose. lol

 
The floor exercise area and some of the bikes

My friend, Cris--he's a month post transplant (CF), and it's been sooo great to see him book around that track with no oxygen on, and he can even walk and talk at the same time!! lol The transplant meds completely knock out your immune system for the first few months, so the post transplant patients are supposed to wear masks, and I wear one myself when I am near them, out of respect for them.  

5 comments:

  1. You are such an encouragement to me. Bless you. We had been going to the gym at least 2 to 3 times a week until I got this persistent infection. Next Mon we are determined to go back.
    Please know Lynda that I pray for you often and praying for your family also and the donor family as well. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.
    Mary K

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice facility. Good to see that you're building your strength. I can't wait until we can workout together! (I'm not going to let you out run me!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking as young and cute as ever! People there are blessed to have you as friend. Praying for you, Garry, his sister, Dakota & donor's family. Love,
    Randi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys :) Love to all. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gym. It looks awesome. Good Bless you Lynda. He has great things in store for you.

    ReplyDelete