Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2/5/14

I made 20 laps around the unit yesterday and 17 so far today! 20 laps is the goal Duke likes patients to meet.

They downsized my trach to an uncuffed size 6 today and if hold my finger on the end of the trach, I can talk!! They may be sorry I have a voice back! Lol The doctor suggested that I wait until I get the speaking valve before I talk too much, however.

I am having to have daily bronchoscopies done where the doctor suctions out my lungs. This gets very uncomfortable, but is needed. Thank God for lidocaine, and this is also one time I'm glad to have the trach--doctor just goes thru it vs. my nose or back of my throat! It sounds like just a few more days of bronchs will be needed.

I suppose there's a small chance that I can be released to go home this weekend, you just never know what each day will hold. We will keep you updated.

 My friend, John, walked 20 laps one day and couldn't get out of bed the next, turns out he has some blood clots in his lungs. Prayers appreciated for him, please. I think some complications are more normal than not with such a major surgery. My friend, Cris, is doing pretty well, but I don't think any of us would turn away prayers!

Time for my tube feeds, so I'll sign off. Thank you so much for checking in and for the continued support and prayers.
Hugs,
Lynda

3 comments:

  1. You and Garry are always in our thoughts and prayers. Keep getting stronger everyday.
    Hope to have you back in KS soon.

    Randy and Teresa
    RCJH

    P.S. Don't bring anything back from Duke other than the lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some good numbers.keep up good work & improving..

    ReplyDelete
  3. R&T, l actually did get a Duke Med shirt! Lol

    Thanks, Dean!

    ReplyDelete