Wednesday, May 21, 2014

4 Months!

It seems unbelievable that yesterday marked 4 months since I received my transplant! It's also been 4 months for my donor's family, and I often say prayers for them and know that they most likely are still struggling.

I've been doing pretty good. I have finished tube feeds, am on a regular diet, and am getting my JG tube out next Tuesday. I still have to schedule a FEES (swallowing) test to see if I can drink plain water yet. I've kind of got used to the nectar thickened water and just make the best of it. When I talk to the doctor Tuesday, though, I will get a date nailed down for the FEES test.

Plans are for a 6 month visit to Durham in July. I'm excited to talk to the doctor then and get his opinion on a couple of things. For one, my lung function is down some since returning home and I've told the transplant coordinator more than once, but I don't get a sense of urgency from her, so having a dip in lung function may be normal (another question to ask!) I think she thinks (and it's very possible) that it could be allergy related. The wind has been non-stop in Kansas pretty much since the day we arrived home. There has probably been 1, maybe 2 days when it wasn't windy since we returned, and with drought conditions, it's been dusty at times as well.

I have been working out at a gym 5x a week and enjoy that! My goal is to keep pushing myself and to get these lungs in shape and get some improvement out of them, God willing!

That's really all I had. If there is anything new to report, I will.  Enjoy your summer--let's hope it's not going to be too hot!
Blessings,
Lynda

6 comments:

  1. Lynda,
    Four months, wow that is great. Congratulations, sounds like you are really keeping busy and doing all you can to getting and staying healthy.
    It was so good to see and visit with you last week. You look fantastic.
    Keep up the good work outs and attitude, God will see you completely through.
    We will keep praying for you. I am so glad you are doing so well. You are quite an inspiration for me.

    In His Name only.
    Mary K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    It was good to visit with you too, pretty lady :) You inspire me too--the fact that you stay active and don't let the oxygen limit you on things you want to do for others and for yourself in very inspiring!
    Thank you for the encouragment and for the prayers! I keep you in my prayers as well. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you're doing great 4 months after the transplant! Don't forget to rest as well. And I hope as well that the summer doesn't turn too hot this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! So glad you are continuing to improve and that you've been doing well at home. We will be praying about your swallow test. What is a JG tube and how is it different from a G-tube or a J-tube? You are such an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, I may not be calling mine the right thing, but it has a J tube and a G tube. The G went to the stomach and the J to the intestine. It was waaay longer then I thought it would be and came out OK. Thanks for the prayers and I'm glad that things are looking up for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, thanks for the update. You remain in my daily prayers. I look forward to the next update.

    ReplyDelete