Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas!!


Boy, what a difference a year makes! I keep reflecting that last year at this time I was completing pulmonary rehab and jumping through final hoops to be listed for transplant and Garry, Shelly and I were celebrating Christmas (with our little Christmas tree), hundreds of miles away from Dakota and other family.

Quality of life this year is SO much better and I am so thankful to God and to my donor and his/her family for this gift. If I could, I would ask you to please say a prayer for my donor's family as they are going through the first Holiday Season without their loved one. The one year anniversary is also coming up next month (seems hard to believe!), so I am mindful of their grief during this time as well. I did write a letter to my donor family and I so appreciate their generosity during most likely the most tragic time of their lives. As you can imagine, it was a hard letter to write, as there are no words to thank someone for saving your life...

It's during the small things in life that I reflect and rejoice over the changes; walking up stairs without stopping to take a breath, walking on the treadmill (quickly, I might add! lol) without oxygen tubing being draped over the rail, going to the mall with Dakota and not having to look for the nearest bench to rest on, laughing without having a coughing fit, walking in a doctor's office and not needing to find a place to catch my breath as soon as I get in the door, even checking the mail at the end of the driveway without needing to put on oxygen first.  It's just been amazing, and if you can do these things with ease, please take a moment to appreciate it :)  Although this may not be possible, my wish is for all of my CF friends to be able to have a successful lung transplant some day. I have met many others suffering from other respiratory illnesses that I wish this for as well.

God Bless you all as we celebrate the birth of Christ this year! Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment