Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A bit discouraged

As mentioned in the previous entry, I coughed up some blood yesterday and through the night and even today, although it seems to be getting better here in the last hour or so (thank God and I hope it continues!).

 I usually am pretty strong about my health, and ultimately, I know that God is in control, but I told Garry today, in an emotional moment, that I’m ready to catch a break! It seems that I’ve been sick more often then not since probably Christmas-time and with not bouncing back as well as I normally do with this round of IVs, there are some tough, life changing decisions to be made that obviously effect not just me, but a lot of people. I have been praying for God to reveal His will & so now I have to decipher if this is what is happening.

I do want to share something that I thought was cool. Earlier today I was feeling pretty despondent & just threw a prayer request out there on facebook. I was humbled at the amount of people that responded and there may have been others that prayed, but weren’t comfortable stating so, & that’s OK too. What was cool, though, is I had this feeling of a weight being lifted off of my shoulders & I don’t remember ever having felt that before. My mom used to say that she would pray & pray until she felt the weight lifted off of her shoulders & now I understand what she meant. J

So, if you’re one of those people that have prayed for me or thought of me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful feeling that must have been for you Lynda <3 joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynda, I had no idea your disease had progressed so much. I am so thankful that you have the lung transplant in the works. I will be reading this and keeping up with things. I live only and hour and a half from St.L so hopefully will be able to come visit when you are there!! :))_ Best wishes...and you will most definitely be in my prayers!!!!
    Traci Gaines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda,
    That is great you reached out on facebook and could feel the prayers and comfort. My thoughts and prayers are with you so much through out the day.
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, I hope you are much better very soon. Best wishes. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I do appreciate the prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you're low today and I'm proud of you for reaching out and asking for prayers. You've worked really hard to maintain a healthy life regardless of the progressive disease. I pray God heals your lungs, lifts your spirit and that you feel the embrace of His love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you Lynda. Hope you are able to rest and build your strength in preparation for a surgery soon. Sandy Ward

    ReplyDelete