Thursday, September 20, 2012

I thought it was time for an update, although I don't have a whole lot to update. I did call a local allergy doctor and was told that they don't have a way to check for a contrast allergy here locally.  They can do the antibiotic allergies here, though. I called STL and asked if they wanted me to do the contrast and allergy testing there. The transplant coordinator called today and she wants me to do the testing locally for antibiotic allergies only. They are just going to assume that I'm allergic to contrast and will act accordingly when any tests/scans are done in STL.

As soon as I have the allergy testing done, I am supposed to call the transplant coordinator in STL and she will set me up to have the left heart cath and other testing done in STL shortly after the allergy testing happens.

On a more personal note, I have actually felt better the last week or so, so I am going to enjoy this for as long as I can! It hasn't been such a struggle to do normal, daily tasks, and that's been nice. I have also been walking on the treadmill  at least 5x a week! Woo hoo!

I will update again as I know more. Enjoy this Autumn weather!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you've been feeling better. The cooler weather works wonders for energy! Here's hoping for no allergies! I have you on my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Holly. I continue to pray for you too and hope that things are improving for you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete