Friday, October 12, 2012

Allergy testing

Yesterday, the allergy doctor's office called mid-morning and wanted to know if I could be there in 40 minutes for the last skin testing. I assume they must have had a cancellation or something, and surprisingly, I was only a couple of minutes late to the appointment!

So, I get there and they did skin tests for the last antibiotic. They concluded that I am not allergic to any of the meds they tested. Yay! While I was doing the testing I over-heard the nurse call the lab to check on one of the blood tests that was drawn 2 weeks ago. I didn't think much of it since she didn't mention it to me after the phone call.

So, when I got home I sent the transplant coordinator an email stating that I was done with both blood and skin testing and ready to come up that way when they can get me scheduled.

Fast forward to today: I had a message from the lab that they needed to "redraw" some of the bloodwork. Translation: someone messed up on some of my bloodwork or lost it :( I will be having that redrawn early next week.

So, now I wait to hear back from St Louis, and I guess it's OK if I wait a bit; I need a dental crown before I can get the dental clearance for transplant, and I opted to get a root canal too! Fun times! Both of those items should be tied up before the end of the month.

Luckily I have still been doing better then I was in August, so I haven't pushed too hard to get all of this done sooner.

As always, thank you for the thoughts and prayers and I hope you all have a great weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update so we can keep praying specifically. Sorry to hear about the hiccup with labs, but hopefully you'll be able to get that & the dental work done in short order. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete