Thursday, November 1, 2012

Finally!

I finally have a date set to go to St. Louis for the left heart cath! I'm not excited about the cath, per se, but am excited to be one step closer to being listed! The heart cath is scheduled for November 12th and I will see the doctor to discuss the results and the possibility of being listed for transplant on the 13th. I assume my case will still have to go to the transplant board for review at that time.

If things move along like I think they may (ha!), I could very well be listed around Thanksgiving. I'm not looking forward to spending Christmas up there, but what a nice present new lungs would be, but also what a very tragic holiday it would be for the donor's family. That's the hard part of this, knowing that my potential new lease on life means that some family is going through probably the worst time of their lives. I just trust in God for it to work out according to His will.

The last few days have been pretty rough; it seems like everything I do is a struggle. I called my CF doctor yesterday and started on some antibiotics and steroids last night, so I hope some relief is in sight--prayers appreciated and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment