Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"On hold" and bummed

Today I was told by the transplant coordinator that a sputum sample I gave them a few days ago showed something that they can't quite identify. She said I would need to give them one more sample tomorrow morning and they will run a test to see what the new bacteria/infection in my lungs is and what antibiotics it is sensitive to. When I get new lungs (God willing), they will want to treat me with appropriate antibiotics in case any of the stuff I currently have is still in the airways, sinus', etc. so it doesn't infect the new lungs--or at least this is how I understand it...In the meantime, she said I'm "on hold" and won't get calls for lungs until they know what I have and how to treat it. I understand that this all has to happen this way, but I'm just bummed.

To add to all of this, I have been having more days lately where it is very apparent that new lungs are necessary, so I think this has contributed to my mood too.

After beating Marsha in a few games of Canasta this evening (lol) and some sleep tonight, I should have better spirits tomorrow!   

My prayer request is that this new "friend" in my lungs is not a deal-breaker for me getting a transplant. I really don't think this is the case and that transplant coordinator didn't indicate this whatsoever, but it sure can't hurt to cover this scenario in prayer.

Thank you for checking in and for the thoughts and prayers.
Lynda

4 comments:

  1. Lynda, I am sure thinking of you and praying for you girlie. Love you!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda,
    I am sure it is something that will be successfully treated. An article I read a few years ago about transplants in the EU said they treated their patients with quite a bit of inhaled colistimethate to kill back stuff and make more succesful transplants. Whatever it is you will overcome it and this will work out!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're disappointed. You're committed and ready. Rest assured you are at one of the best medical facilities and they are taking steps to ensure the very best transplant outcome.

    I pray God renews you with His strength, physically and emotionally.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you. Remember "by HIS stripes we are healed"! Love ya! Vickie and Rick

    ReplyDelete