Friday, December 14, 2012

Home for Christmas!

I'm sure you are surprised to hear that we are home for Christmas! I'm also sure you're wondering why...

The culture that they are growing can sometimes takes many days or weeks to grow out, so rather then us sit there waiting for it to grow, the transplant coordinator suggested we go home for the Holidays and we would see what happens with the culture in the mean-time. I was very disappointed to hear this because it's more time I have to wait for lungs, but excited too, to be home for the Holidays!

We packed yesterday and packed some more today and drove home. Marsha has been such a trooper and packed the whole car herself. She had one large suitcase and I had the trunk full and most of the back seat full! I'm looking forward to the day when I can just pack a suitcase and go without taking nebulizers, portable oxygen tanks, my vest, cannula's, tubing, etc.!

The hotel said they would forward any mail to us, so if you happened to mail anything, we will get it eventually.

I will update my blog as I have information. If I don't happen to update it before Christmas, I hope you all have a joyful Christmas!

Love and hugs,
Lynda

4 comments:

  1. tgainestruss@yahoo.comDecember 16, 2012 at 9:01 PM

    Good thoughts and prayers for you........I cannot fathom what you are going through. Keep your eyes on God and you will continue to be strong. I am so amazed by your strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--you have a lot of strength and courage as well!

      Delete
  2. I hope your Christmas was wonderful and relaxing! I'm sure it was nice to be in your own place. How is daughter doing? I keep you in my prayers. Keep your hope in Christ and know that whatever He does is good. He is ever-faithful. Every good gift comes from Him and everything from Him is a good gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is handling things pretty well. I could tell she was excited to see me when I came home unexpectedly! Thank you for the encouraging words and I hope you are doing better and pray for God's blessings on you!

      Delete