Saturday, November 23, 2013

Heart Cath

The heart cath has been rescheduled for Monday morning. I have not coughed up anything resembling blood so far today :) and yesterday was pretty good too, so hopefully that's behind me for now. OH, some good news, I must have misunderstood the doctor about both left and right heart caths--only the right was originally scheduled :)

I may have another issue, but I sure hope not. Since approx Wednesday my PICC line has been pulling or stinging when I reach for something or hyper-extend my arm. The home health nurse was scheduled to change the dressing on Monday, but I called her to reschedule, due to the heart cath being rescheduled for the same time she was to be here. She came by yesterday to change it. The site is a bit red around it, and there was something there that she thinks is just a scab trying to form. I'm not so sure...

I have been watching it and it doesn't seem to be worsening, but I figured out that the pull was that scab or whatever crusting over, then when I use the arm, it pulls against the scab or whatever. If it looks nastier as the day goes on, I will have to put another call into the on-call coordinator. The heart cath team can look at it and tell me if all appears OK to them on Monday.

Prayer requests for today are that there is no infection in my PICC line and that the heart cath goes well on Monday. Thanks sooo much!
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. I"m praying for you Lynda. You are in my thoughts a lot. I'll pray there is no serious problem with the PICC line and that the heart cath goes well on Monday.
    Mary K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your continued prayers, Mary, and I pray that you're doing OK as well! God Bless

      Delete