Friday, November 22, 2013

No Heart Cath

My old "friend" visited me around midnight last night--hemoptysis :( I was sleeping and felt like there was an obstruction of some type to clear and had a sneaking suspicion what it was, so I coughed and sure enough, bright red sputum! I then called the transplant coordinator on call (who happened to be my coordinator) and explained that there was no way I could lay flat on my back for the 2+ hours required after a heart cath without coughing up more blood, so the heart cath(s) for today are canceled.

The hemoptysis is a little better now, but there still is red in there, but luckily it's not all red like it was at midnight. I'm going to take it easy today for sure.

Thank you for checking in and for the thoughts and prayers.
Hugs
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. What a downer day! Still thinking about you and you are in my prayers every morning about 5:30 am :)

    ReplyDelete