Thursday, February 13, 2014

2/13/14

Everything is going well at the apartment. It seems the days are busy between doing tube feeds, mixing the meds to go into the tube (21 meds total each day), I'm doing (1) IV every 6 hours, (which is what most CFs have to do post-tx, to keep our old bugs at bay with the new lungs, just in case any of the old bacteria/infection was still in the old airways and sinuses). I'm not sure how long I will need to continue to do the IV. I've been sleeping pretty well, however, as I'm home and more active, I notice more aches and pains and pulls, but it's all working towards the goal of getting these new lungs into shape!

Today, I set the kitchen timer and walked around the apartment to try to stay in shape some-what. We have had a winter storm here the last 2-3 days and the ground is white. In case you didn't know, they're not used to snow out in NC and this town shuts down when it snows! They just don't have the equipment to keep the roads clear and the roads are all hilly, so that presents a whole set of issues in icy/snowy weather too. I'm glad Garry's not been out working in this!

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and start pulmonary rehab on Saturday, so prayers appreciated for good check-ups and for all to look and check out well, please. I have to complete 23 sessions of pulmonary rehab to "graduate", and if I'm healthy at that time, then I should be able to return home shortly thereafter.

Have a great day!
http://cota.donorpages.com/PatientOnlineDonation/COTAforLyndaJ/

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are progressing really well, Praise the Lord and your hard work. I continue to pray for you daily and also that the donor family are finding the Lord's help to get them through their time of loss.
    What med are they giving you in the IV's? Also how long will you have to take all of the other meds. I realize you will have to take some long term, but hopefully not all of them.
    Love and prayers,
    In His name only,
    Mary K

    ReplyDelete