Thursday, April 17, 2014

No Rejection :)

Praise The Lord, no rejection was seen on the 3 month bronch biopsy! It will be a little bit before they see what/if anything grows out from the cultures.

As for the gastric study, I passed the 1 and 2 hour goals, but was a bit delayed in emptying at the 4 hour mark. My doctor still approved my eating, but wants me to eat a number of small meals with soft foods, However, I also had a swallow test today and had good and bad results. The good is that I am approved for eating all kinds of food, the bad news is that thin liquids (water, milk, etc) are still wanting to go down the wind pipe at times. I started out all gung-ho, but as I went along, my throat muscles got tired and didn't cooperate as well. Because of the good clearance, I should be able to wean off of the tube feeds, which is great!! Of course, I have to hear this from the doctor first. I should hear something tomorrow.

The doctor is working to get us able to "head west", as he says, so there's a very good chance that we will be home by week's end next week :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and for the continued prayers. I will update at least once more before we head home. 
God Bless,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! Lynda, I am so happy ti hear that things are going so well. NO rejection! How awesome! I hope you have a very beautiful and blessed Easter. God is SO good. Love you! Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can only say PTL, PTL,
    What good news, I am so happy for you.
    Will your lungs continue to get better or is 83% pretty good? I know it is world's better than before your transplant. I have no idea what mine is, I guess I should ask. I've learned a lot of new stuff this last year.
    So glad that you are off of the IV's for the Mycobacterium. Now what are you going to do early every morning? lol.
    By home do you mean home in Valley? That would be so cool for you, Wish we could get together, but realize that probably would not be in your best interest, and the last thing I would want is for you to get sick all over again.
    Again keep the updates coming and will pray the best just keeps happening for you.
    Love in Christ,
    Mary K

    ReplyDelete