Friday, April 11, 2014

4/11/14

I didn't hear anything on the gastric emptying yet. It will be next week. I was hoping I would hear that I passed it and could enjoy some real food this weekend. Ah well, I will know for sure next week.

In other news, my FEV1, which is a measurment of lung function, was 83% today! I think I shared before that I get a little emotional when I see these numbers. Praise God!

I started at a new gym this week and that's going well so far. It's actually the Duke University Health Center. After they graduated me from pulmonary rehab a few weeks ago, I could only come work out late in the day and I had an IV, tube feeds and medications all that had to start at 5 p.m. and I wasn't home from rehab yet.

Speaking of IVs--I'm done with the IVs for the mycobacterium I had pre-transplant! It's so nice to not have to get up at 6 a.m. to do an IV. I had been doing that for 5 months total pre/post.

I have my 3 month testing and bronch on Tuesday. Prayers for no complications or rejection from the bronch and for good results, please and thanks!

Have a wonderful weekend :)
Love/Hugs
Lynda

4 comments:

  1. We are still thinking about you and a complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda,
    Wow! Fantastic numbers! Basically you have normal lung function now! Brings joy and hope to us all!

    Mark M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about the lung function. Your in our prayers. God Bless you.
    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete