Friday, June 21, 2013

Well....not so fast


I update today with a heavy heart. I am soooo glad I waited a couple of weeks before packing up to move to STL. I received a call a couple of days ago from the transplant coordinator, informing me that mycobacterium showed up on the latest sputum culture again L They are just assuming that this means I DO have mycobacterium abscessus, and at least 6 months of IVs are required before I would get re-checked, and I hopefully would be cleared for transplant if cultures are negative at that time. At least one of the IVs can be very hard on the kidneys, and can also lead to hearing loss. As you can imagine, this is not something I'm happy to dive into head-first.

I am doing a bit of researching on my own and looking at what my options are. I know of at least one center that will transplant with active mycobacteria abscessus, but it sounds like they like a few months of IVs under the belt as well, not to mention the center is 20 hours' drive away from home. I will call them next week to get more information.

I would ask for prayers for me during this time, for discernment, and for my spirits to be lifted. There is a lot to consider as I try to figure out what the next step(s) should be. Also, please lift Dakota and Garry up in prayer as well.

Thank you & I will update as I know more.
God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Lynda, I was just checking in to see what was going on with you. I'm sorry to hear you have some obstacles ahead of you. I am praying for you, Garry and Dakota.
    Love and Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete