Thursday, July 4, 2013

Checking In

I feel like I should update everyone, but I really don't have anything to share yet. It seems this all takes time.

There are a couple of centers I'm looking at; one is in Texas and the other in North Carolina. Both transplant with active mycobacteria, but a HUGE obstacle I've discovered is that my insurance company will not cover a single penny towards a lung transplant evaluation at a second, third, etc center! They will cover the actual transplant when I decide on a primary transplant center, but not the work-up. I think the centers surely will accept copies of a lot of testing that's been done already, but without a doubt, they will want to run some of their own tests as well. I don't have to mention that this adds a huge financial burden on us, and ultimately may force me to stay with Barnes, do the 6+ months of IVs, and hope for the best.

I am waiting for word from the other centers to see if they will take me on as a transplant patient, and how expensive they estimate the testing will be. I only plan to be evaluated at one of the two centers, so will need to decide which one when I hear more from them.

So, that’s it in a nutshell. Hopefully I will hear something from one of the centers next week.

Have a great, safe, 4th celebrating Our Independence J

2 comments:

  1. If you are considering getting evaluated at Baylor Dallas and you need a place to stay while checking it out, let me know. You can stay with us or if you don't feel comfortable with that we've got friends and relatives all over the metroplex who would be happy to host you. And if you're looking down in Houston I know folks down there, too, so just let me know. We are praying as a family and Murren's book club has been praying for you as well. God knows what you need and will guide you to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    I just sent you a message, but thank you soooo much for the offer of a place to stay! How neat that Murren's book club has me in their prayers! Please tell them "thank you", and that I pray for God's blessings on them :)
    Thank you for your & John's prayers too. I continue to keep you in my prayers as well! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete