Friday, October 25, 2013

Yee haw!

Our insurance company has agreed to pay for the lung transplant evaluation testing!!! This is a huge weight off of our shoulders! Thank you sooo much for the prayers for this to happen! We may still have to raise some funds for the additional 2-3 months of living expenses we didn't count on, but that seems much more manageable. I will wait until I know for sure that I'm going to be listed to start that process.

So, that's the big, positive, news! The "other" news is that they want me to get a head-start on treating the mycobacterium abscessus. I most likely will be starting IVs next week. I will have to get a PICC line placed and I've had blood clot history with some of those in the past, so I hope that goes well. The IV drugs I will be using are pretty wicked, from what I've heard. Kidneys will have to be monitored closely and hearing could be affected. I said, "HEARING COULD BE AFFECTED!" lol Had to throw a little humor in there!

Continued prayers are appreciated and I will keep you updated.  Have a blessed day!
Lynda

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda! It's amazing to see the step by step progress of answered prayer and people and agencies and money falling into place. So from reading of your condition, it is common for the lungs to develop abcesses with CF? If I stay alive long enough I may end up learning some stuff. Keeping you in our continuous prayers.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia, from what I understand, I picked up a bacteria someplace that causes abscesses in my lungs as it grows. As I understand it, mycobacterium is in the tuberculosis family, although the strand I have is "non tuberculosis" *whew*. The bacteria are very tough to treat and due to the nature of how they grow, multiply, etc. it takes months and months to treat. They want to knock it down some, remove the diseased lungs, but still treat post-transplant for a period of months (IVs), just in case the bacterial infection was still in my old airways and/or sinus'. It won't be an easy road, but it will all work out, God willing. One thing I've learned thru this process is that I'm completely at God's mercy! Thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God and continued grace and blessings on your road to spanking new healthy lungs!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete