Sunday, February 23, 2014

No Rejection!

Prayers answered--no rejection at my 1 month bronch/biopsy!

I won't know results of fungus, bacterial cultures, etc for a few days/weeks. Trach is out and seems to be doing OK. I hope it heals nicely, I'm told it takes a few days/weeks to close up.

I notice that I'm feeling a bit better each day and getting less short of breath with exertion. I hope the trend continues. Those first few months post-transplant can be a bit bumpy, but so far, so good, so praise God for that!

I am still totally dependent on tube feeds. We even crush my meds up and mix them water and put them through the tube. I will be glad when that step is behind me and I'm able to swallow pills whole and able to eat regular food. It will happen, and my lungs are doing well, (as far as I know), so I'm going to focus on the positive!

This next week I will be doing a swallow test on Tuesday, see the post transplant doctor on Thursday, as well as do all of the labs, chest xray, pulmonary function tests, etc on Thursday too. The Thursday visits will be a weekly occurrence for some weeks from what I understand. I also have rehab every afternoon, M-F. I'm looking forward to rehab and gaining some strength back!

That's it for today. Updates as there are any available. Have a wonderful week!   J


5 comments:

  1. Praise God. You are coming along so well. Keep it up, we will keep praying for you.
    luv and hugs,
    In His name only,
    Mary K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely an amazing woman!! Keep up the determination! Sending love and prayers!
    Steve, Georgi, Maya and Madelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly what Mary said! It's so good to "hear" from you, Lynda! Love you and miss you.
    Randi B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda. Praise the Lord! Prayers continue for you and your family.
    Love,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very delayed "Thank you", all :) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete