Sunday, March 16, 2014

3/16/14

I don't have a whole lot new. I must be doing better, as I see the doctor every 2 weeks now vs weekly. The results of the 24 hour PH Study were not available when I last spoke to the doctor, so I won't know anything on those until my next appt on the 24th. Since I have to pass the gastric study before I can eat, I am not pushing for those results early.

I had a CT Scan of my lungs on Friday and the results of that will determine how they treat the aspergillus. I hope to have word on that before my appointment on the 24th so I can get started on treatment.

As part of the post-transplant regimen, I have to do daily pulmonary function tests (PFT) with a hand-held spirometer here at home. The PFTs have remained stable the last week. Up until that time they were climbing, so I'm a little disappointed, but at least they aren't going down, they are staying steady. This just means I need to push a little harder at rehab. I have graduated to a bike that actually pedals vs a bike that your feet push against and the therapists are steadily increasing my weights, so I need to step it up with walking.

Shelly is back from Kansas and Garry is going to try to return to work this week (here in Durham). I'll sure miss him while he's at work, he's been my constant companion since transplant on the 20th of January. Prayers for him, for safety and for adjustment to working again.

That's it for this update. I hope you all have a good week and don't forget to wear green tomorrow!
Blessings,
Lynda

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us posted. We continue to pray for you and your family. So thankful for all the great support and help that you have and for your fantastic attitude! You can do this! God's strength is made perfect in your weakness.

    ReplyDelete