Tuesday, March 25, 2014

3/25/14


Today my staples were removed! Another baby-step. I saw the doctor yesterday and we have a loose plan of us leaving in April, for sure, and I'm hoping mid-April, but have to remember I'm on "Duke time" when planning things, so it could be late-April. A few things have to happen before I leave. A) a repeat bronch needs to happen to check for the aspergillus again and to check for rejection B) treatment of the aspergillus needs to get under-way (starting a nebulized antifungal soon)  C) check my gastric emptying to see if my stomach is still delayed in emptying. D) hopefully I will pass gastric study and be able to eat normal food and have feeding tube pulled before returning home.

The 24 hour PH study was good, as was the GI mamommetry test. The CT Scan looked pretty good. There was one small area in my right lung where there may be a small focus of infection and/or a small part of my lung is deflated. I didn't understand if both things are occurring, or it could be one or the other.

I didn't know what to expect today with getting staples out, and Garry surprised me by taking the day off to accompany me. Of course, Shelly was prepared to go, but I feel more comfortable holding Garry's hand! lol Turns out, it was a cinch to get them out. There were over 70 staples that were removed!

Lung function was up from my last visit, so that's always nice. The lung function at the clinic compares to my readings I've been taking at home. This may be my new baseline, but I feel good, and that's what's important. I will keep pushing at rehab and take what God gives me, AND be thankful for this chance at an extended life that I've already been blessed with! God is good! J

May God bless each of you!
Love/hugs
Lynda
 

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are coming along. What a trip for you! Still praying for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Sounds really good. I'll be anxious to know what that spot on your lung turns out to be. I sure hope you get to go home soon! The girls keep asking about you as we continue to keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My, so much good news. Keep up the good work and prayers and you will make it home safe and sound. Sounds like a lot still to overcome, but you can do it with God's help, pretty soon it will all be behind you. I saw Dr. Mahi Assi this week, we talked about you. Were your ears burning? She saw you in the hospital here while you were on IV"s before you went to Duke. You may not remember her, there are so many Drs. stopping by when you are in the hospital. We filled her in on how well you are doing. I have to see her again in 4 months after I see Dr. Harting again and have a 6 mth x-ray to compare with one last January. I'm 1/3 of the way now on my antibiotics. I haven't noticed any difference in my ability to breathe without O2 yet.
    Thanks for putting me on to the O2 totes, I ordered and received one today. It is tan with yellow flower on pocket, I think I will really like it. Sure will beat carting 2 bags. Thanks again.
    luv and hugs,
    Praying for you in Jesus name,
    Mary K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, all, for the continued prayers.

    Earline, I hope to come to the reunion in April, but it will be close on timing on us getting home. Thanks for all of the support <3

    I'm so humbled, Holly, that the girls are praying for me and inquire as to how I'm doing. I pray for you as well <3

    Mary--I hope you're able to tell a difference soon on your breathing. I'm not sure at what point you should be able to tell a difference. I sure have been praying for you! I'm glad you like the purse--I really liked mine!
    I do remember Dr Assi-she would come in for maybe 5 minutes each time. She seemed nice. I received a call from Dr Harting that I missed the other day--she was just seeing how I was doing, which I thought was sweet. I need to call her back.

    Love/hugs/prayers
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete