Thursday, March 6, 2014

Results

Clinic today was very insightful. I found out that I have "delayed" gastric emptying, so nothing to eat yet. The reason for this is that they think contents won't empty and I will regurgitate and may aspirate into the new lungs. I had another emptying study while I was inpatient for the transplant and I have improved since then, so they will repeat this study in the near future and hope for more improvement. They did give a concession and will allow me to have "nectar thickened" drinks. This means that I can have water!, tea, milk, etc., but I have to mix a thickener with it. So, while this isn't mashed potatoes and gravy, pizza or fried chicken, it's a start. I have not received word on the 24 hour PH study yet, so those results must not be finalized.

I also found out the mold is one of the ones I don't want; aspergillus. This is probably the worst of the molds, in my opinion, but I am trusting God that all will work out. I asked the doctor if he's seen this in transplant patients before and if he's seen it cured and rid of, and he said he has, so I'm encouraged by that. One of the first thing's I asked is "Is it contagious?", and it's not, so I'm glad about that! 

My lung function was up--I'm up to 65% FEV1, which is a far cry from the 16% I had with my pre-transplant, old lungs! It's been well over 20 years since I've seen these numbers and I'll admit I get a little emotional when I see them!

That's it for today, your continued prayers are appreciated. Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Lynda

8 comments:

  1. We are all praying for you at Avery Automotive . You have came a long ways keep up the hard work. You are touched by the love of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 65% you have every right to be emotional, that is such an improvement. PTL
    I think nectar thickened would be better than nothing at all but the feeding tube, you will get there, there are a bunch of people praying for you..so hard to wait for HIS timing, but it is the best. Mashed potatoes, gravy, pizza, fried chicken, not all they are cracked up to be...not.
    Just the name aspergillus sounds awful. I pray you will kick it really soon.
    Also will be praying for good results of the 24 hour PH. test.
    We are enjoying a beautiful, even tho a little chily weekend. Hope you are also.
    luv and hugs,
    In His Name only,
    Mary K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda,
    Just saw your Fev1 and am so happy to see the strong number which will only continue to get better! Fantastic. What a journey you have been on and so good to see such wonderful results!!!!!!
    Blessings,
    Mark M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, all, for the encouragement :)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a long row to hoe, but I'm so thankful to hear about your PFTs and the improvement in your stomach. I'm sure waiting for the day you can eat and drink with everyone else gets frustrating. Hang in there. The LORD is your strength and you can do all things through Him. LOVE!!! And prayers from us and our community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Lynda on that 65% FEV. It's a hell of an upswing from that dismal 16%!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evidently my notices don't appear if I don't sign in! I need a brain transplant!
    Glad you can see improvement. Not eating is really something after all this time. Is Shelly still with you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed, Holly!
    Agree with Shane, too, for that matter! lol
    Earline, lol, and yes, Shelly is back in NC from Kansas :)
    Thank you, all, for the comments, prayers and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete