Sunday, April 6, 2014

4/6/14

I thought it was time for an update, although there's not a whole lot to update.

I'm still doing well. I started a nebulized treatment for the aspergillus. It must be some wicked stuff--if anyone else is in the room while I am nebbing it, they have to wear a mask. I have been opening the window right next to my desk and that has worked well. I do this treatment 2x a week and hope it's successful. I have my 3 month bronchoscopy on April 15th. Prayers for no rejection or mold or growth of new stuff appreciated!

Also, I have another gastric study this Wednesday. I'm not sure if the test will be the liquid emptying test or solid emptying test. If I can pass this test it will determine what I can eat/drink, so prayers appreciated for that too, please.

Now on to praises! I had been at a plateau with my lung function, but the last few days it has been a bit higher, so praise God for that! :) It has been so nice to be able to walk, take the stairs, etc. without oxygen and without getting very winded! I'm so grateful to God for this chance and to my donor for the life-saving decision they, or their family made. Of course I know that they are still grieving and hold them up in prayer.

I think I mentioned before that we hope to be home by the end of April. We gave our 30 day notice for the end of April, so I hope it works out or we will be living in a hotel again!

If I may ask for prayers for one more thing; my best friend of 30 years has recently lost her sister to cancer. Her sister was my age. May I please ask for prayers for Tosha, and for her brother, Clint, through this dark time. Thank you.

Thanks for checking my blog and enjoy your Sunday!
Blessings,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Have been thinking of you much this week..Hoping you can come home soon! So happy you are progressing! I remembered to pray for the donor's fam again.too. Hope to see you soon!
    Randi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you guys too, Randi!

    ReplyDelete